Monday, April 6, 2009

crafts, crafts and more crafts!

I like to craft. I'm not the best at it, and it usually comes in spurts, but all in all, I like to do them. The last few weeks however, I have tried a few different things I've never done before. First, I got this idea from a website and made ones for my mom, my mother in law, and my 2 sister in laws.
After that, I made this jar for the Young Women. I am the Young Women's President in my ward, and I thought this jar might help motivate them to do their Personal Progress. Hence, the P.P. jar (if these were Young Men, I'd never hear the end of that!)


This weekend, like I said before, a girlfriend came down to visit and we did some crafting. First we did pies in a jar.


Then we attempted making bibs. I will admit that she (Carolyn) did most of the work and I am not great at using a sewing machine. I will say that I did not enjoy using bias tape! I still have a few more to make, but I think I'll wait for my mom to come down and use her sewing machine!


Finally, I attempted to make "cake pops". Ok, so don't laugh. I got the idea from Bakerella, and thought "no problem!" Hold on, big problem. It's ALOT harder than it looks, not to mention I'm NOT a professional. Only the decorating was hard, the making and assembling was not. I eventually gave up and just stuck to easy decorating. So, although my cake pops look NOTHING like Bakerella's - they still tasted great and were a hit at the birthday party I went to.


Thus ends my crafting projects so far, stay tuned for more finished products to come.....

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what you did, but I can comment now (obviously!). You Easter Egg thing is so cute! I may try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, those pictures make them look cuter than in real life. You also can't see my crooked sewing lines. It was fun crafting/baking with you. We'll have to do it again sometime. Thanks for letting me visit last weekend!

    ReplyDelete